The perfect little dipper for sweet potato fries. Burger night just got interesting again thanks to this low carb, gut friendly and trendy take on home made mayo.
Prep 15 Min | Cook 2 Min | Serves 1 CupRecipe By: Penny Benjamin | @pennybenjamin.nutritionist / www.pennybenjamin.com.au
- 1 egg AT ROOM TEMPERATURE (very important)
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar (want extra kick? Use Hilbilbys Fire Tonic!)
- Pinch salt/pepper to taste
- 1 cup (250mL) Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1 tsp Meadow & Marrow Bone Broth Concentrate – Natural or use curry flavour for a flavoured mayonnaise
- Place the the mustard, lemon juice, ACV, salt, pepper and bone broth into an immersion blender
- Carefully crack the egg on top of these ingredients, try and keep the yolk whole
- Carefully pour the EVOO on top
- Take your immersion blender and carefully lower it to the bottom so that it covers the egg yolk
- Then turn it on, leaving it at the bottom until you see emulsion starting to appear at the sides, then very, very slowly raise the immersion blender and incorporate the rest of the olive oil
- Continue to blend to ensure all the oil is incorporated, it should only take about 30 seconds in total. But don’t blend too much as it might separate (this will also happen if you use a cold egg).
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge for 3-4 weeks.
NOTES / TIPS:
- For a garlic aioli-type mayo, swap the EVOO for garlic-infused EVOO or just add 1-2 cloves of garlic.