This recipe is simple and it only takes 30 minutes to make. Another upside is that you can switch the ingredients up, if you don’t have sausages, use leftover roast and chopped chicken, you can add sliced leek in with the cauliflower, jalapenos for some extra heat, ginger or turmeric for some anti-inflammatory goodness. If you don’t have any bacon, use fried pancetta or even roasted, salted and chopped nuts or seeds. Get creative and have fun with it.
Gluten, dairy, nut, grain, egg and sugar free, paleo, low carb and keto friendly
By Jordan Pie / Serves 4-5 people
- 1 medium-large cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 3-4 rashers of chemical free bacon, diced
- 4 chicken & herb sausages (gluten free + preservative free)
- 1 chilli, diced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- A handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1- 1.5 Tablespoon of Gevity Rx Natural Bone Broth Body Glue
- 1 bay leaf or 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 cups of vegetable stock or use 1 cup of vegetable stock and 1 cup of coconut milk (if you prefer a creamier soup)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Butter, ghee or coconut oil for cooking
- Add the cauliflower into a large saucepan and add the vegetable stock (or use 1 cup of vegetable stock and 1 cup of coconut milk if you prefer a creamier soup) + the bay leaf or thyme and the Gevity Rx Natural Bone Broth.
- Place the pot onto the stove top, make sure the lid is slightly ajar to allow steam to escape and cook the cauliflower until completely tender.
- Meanwhile, add some oil to a frying pan. Fry the sausages until golden brown and cooked through. Remove the sausages from the frying pan and place them onto a plate and set aside.
- In the same frying pan, add the onions and fry until golden brown. Add the bacon and fry until crispy and golden brown. Add the crushed garlic and stir through and cook for a few more minutes. Once everything is golden brown, remove it from the heat.
- The cauliflower should be cooked now. Remove the thyme leaf stems or bay leaf from the saucepan.
- If you want a smooth, creamy soup, add the cauliflower + the liquid into a blender and blitz until completely smooth. If you want a chunky soup, spoon the cooked cauliflower into 4 bowls and pour the liquid on top.
- Slice the sausages up and place them on top of the cauliflower soup. Then add the caramelised onion, crispy bacon and garnish with the finely diced chilli and fresh parsley. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on top, to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!