Elise from @balancebyelise created this incredible Gut Lovin' Red Velvet Smoothie Bowl recipe for Instagram, so we got in touch with her to ask her a few questions about how she uses our products, how she creates quality content, and what it means for her to Be The Best You!
1. What type of cook are you?
I’d say I’m a basic home cook with a creative flare! I love one-bowl recipes that are quick and easy to make and I love proving with my recipes just how simple and easy (and tasty) healthy food and cooking can be! But at the same time, I’m a creative and I enjoy using my recipes as an outlet for this creativity. I love trying new flavour combinations, new ingredients and making food look super aesthetic!
2. What is important to you when creating a recipe?
There are three things that are super important to me when creating any recipe, and they are: 1) That it is BALANCED. Consisting of complex carbs, a source of protein and some healthy fats to provide you with all the essential nutrients and keep you full and satisfied. 2) That it is made with WHOLEFOODS. 3) That it is TASTY! I am such a foodie, and I love spreading this love for delicious, nourishing food through sharing recipes that are not only good for you, but taste amazing too.
3. Which are your favourite Gevity Rx products and why?
Currently, I am obsessed with the Great Guts and Sriracha Mayo Sauces, I literally add them to every meal. They are such an easy way to get your daily serving of Bone Broth in, and with the additional benefits of tasting amazing. The Curry Body Glue is also an OG favourite of mine. This was the first Gevity product I started using years ago and is what led me to discover Gevity! This was an amazing addition to my diet when going through my gut healing protocol and to this day I still love having it first thing in the morning because I feel it really helps start my day on the right foot.
4. What inspired you to create this recipe and does it have any special significance to you?
The inspiration behind this recipe was really the classic red velvet cake! One of my favourite things to do when developing a recipe is to take indulgent flavours, like red velvet, and turn them into a recipe that you can enjoy any, and every, day! This recipe is packed with a serve of veggies, protein, fruit and bone broth! Making it a perfectly balanced meal but at the same time tastes super indulgent.
5. What is your number 1 tip for creating content that keeps your audience engaged?
Its nothing ground breaking, but honestly my number one tip is just be yourself! At the end of the day, your audience is here following you because they resonate with you, your values and what you share. So be yourself, be open, be honest, be real, show the ups and the downs, form a connection with your audience and if they are truly your people, they will remain engaged.
6. What are your top 3 Tips for creating good quality content?
- Listen to your audience – I love using question boxes and polls on my stories to gauge what my audience is loving and wants more of.
- Use natural lighting for your photography.
- Get yourself some good backdrops. My content completely transformed when I made myself some proper white marble and timber backdrops. I made mine from foam board and adhesive contact, but there are so many affordable options on the market now to buy.
7. What does "Being the Best You" look like for you?
To me it means being healthy, happy, feeling confident in my own skin and being able to show up as the best version of myself to positively impact the lives of those around me.
RECIPE: Gut Lovin' Red Velvet Smoothie Bowl
1 frozen banana
1 cup frozen cherries or mixed berries
1 serve vegan chocolate protein
1 tsp @gevityrx BOOST Bone Broth Body Glue
1/2 zucchini, chopped
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 medjool dates, pitted (or 1 tbsp maple syrup)
1/4 -1/3 cup coconut milk (as much as needed to blend)
Add everything to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Add your toppings and enjoy!