By Ally of @the.sunnystudio for Flannerys
Prep : 5 mins
Cook : 10 mins
It has to be everyone’s favourite breakfast option, the eggs benedict. But if you’re wanting to treat yourself to the Sunday morning brunch vibes without leaving the house (and maybe saving you a dollar or two!) we’ve perfected the art of the poached egg for you.
We decided to add this spicy new Sriracha Mayo from the Gevity Rx kitchen for a little bit of a kick, without being overpowering. Not to mention, it’s a great alternative to hollandaise sauce, especially since it has the incredible goodness of Gevity Rx’s signature Body Glue Bone Broth with high amounts of collagen and no additives!
- 1 x Gluten Free / Sourdough Bagel of choice
- 1 x Bite Me Fine Foods Organic Goldern Hashbrown
- Handful of Spinach
- Half an avocado (mashed with some salt and pepper)
- 1 egg (precracked into a mug or cup)
- Gevity Rx Souped-Up Sriracha Mayo
- 1/2 tbsp Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar
- Bring a pot of water to the boil, and reduce down to low. You don’t want any bubbles breaking the surface or it will cause your egg to splay in the poaching process. Add 1/2 tablespoon of ACV to the water and stir.
- Carefully create a vortex/whirlpool in the water with a spoon and pour your pre-cracked egg into the water. Cook for 3-4 minutes for a perfectly poached egg. When ready, remove with a slotted spoon and immerse in cold water for a few seconds to prevent the egg yolk from cooking further.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a shallow fry pan, and add your hash brown, cooking for 3 minutes both sides or until golden. For the last minute, add your spinach to the pan and wilt.
- Cut the bagel in half and toast. Spreading on mashed avocado, topping with the spinach, hash brown and the poached egg.
- Generously dollop sriracha mayo on top and enjoy!