Recipe by Jordan Pie
This caramel and ginger cheesecake recipe is a showstopper! It’s incredibly creamy and decadent and perfect for those who are gluten-free and dairy-free. And it’s drizzled with the most amazing salted caramel sauce with hidden bone broth. Yes! Bone broth desserts are our new favourite thing!
1 cup macadamia nuts
80-90g dried apricots (preservative free)
1 cup desiccated coconut
2 Tbsp cacao powder
1 Tbsp coconut oil (if needed)
2.5 cups cashews (soaked and drained)
½ cup filtered water
¼ - ⅓ cup maple syrup
½ cup coconut oil, melted
1 Tbsp Gevity Rx Natural Bone Broth Body Glue
2 Tbsp dried ginger powder
1 tsp vanilla powder or 2-3 tsp vanilla extract
Salted Caramel Sauce
½ cup coconut butter, melted
½ cup maple syrup
1 Tbsp Gevity Rx Natural Bone Broth Body Glue™
2-3 tsp dried ginger powder (optional)
½ tsp vanilla powder or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Grease and line a springform cake pan with baking paper.
- Add all of the base ingredients (except the coconut oil) into the food processor and blitz until it starts to form a sticky dough. If it’s on the drier side, blend in the coconut oil. Transfer and press into the lined cake tin evenly.
- Add all the filling ingredients into the food processor and blend until completely smooth and creamy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and re-blend.
- Pour the filling on top of the base and use a spoon to spread the filling out evenly.
- Place in the freezer to set, this could take between 4-5 hours.
- When the cheesecake has completely set, remove it from the springform pan. Allow the cheesecake to thaw at room temperature for at least 20 minutes before serving.