Spicy Prawn & Mango Salad
This super fresh salad is a serious showstopper - just look at those colours! Set to be your (and your guests) new summer fave. It is spicy, sweet and is overloaded with gourmet goodness - hello prawns and macadamia nuts. Our recipe caters for 6 as a side or entree but is so easy to adapt to a larger serve - simply add more ingredients from the list below, to your personal taste.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free and paleo friendly.
12 prawns - shelled
2 avocado sliced
1 large or 2 small mangoes, sliced into wedges
1 lebanese cucumber, in ribbons (or sliced)
3 shallots, sliced into .5cm pieces
1 packet Rocket
1 small handful mint leaves
1 small handful macadamia nuts
- Assemble all ingredients on a platter or tray of your choice
- Drizzle with lashings of Sriracha Mayo or add a dipping bowl as pictured
- We use Mooloolaba prawns but any fresh prawns will do
- We elect to to keep the tails on so that they can be picked up easily
- Once prawns have been shelled, add to a bowl of iced cold water with lemon then store in the fridge till required. This keeps the super fresh and with the right amount of crunch