Who would have thought the humble potato could be so tasty? These Sriracha Prawn & Potato Cakes are so easy and will leave your family and guests wanting more. They are a little bit fancy and fun way to incorporate some local seafood into your diet.
Our Sriracha mayonnaise is the hero of this recipe. Not only does it add all the flavour into these fluffy little cakes of potato, but it is also great for you.
Recipe by Laura Scherian – @shezskitchen for Flannerys
MAKES: approximately 20 (depending on size)
COOK TIME: 10 minutes
- 3 medium organic potatoes (700-800g), cooked, roughly mashed and cooled
- 250g prawn meat, diced
- ¼ cup Gevity RX Sriracha mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. organic chives, chopped
- 3 organic eggs
- ½ cup organic spelt flour, use a gluten-free substitute if required
- ½-1 cup rice crumbs or bread crumbs of your choice
- Coconut oil for shallow frying
- salt and pepper
- Place mashed potato in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Lightly beat 1 egg and stir through potato with prawn meat, Gevity Rx Souped-Up Siriracha Mayonnaise and chives.
- Roll into desired patty size and chill in fridge for 30 minutes. A little tip, dampen your hands it will help stop the mixture from sticking to them.
- Lightly beat remaining two eggs and place in a shallow bowl. Place breadcrumbs and flour in shallow bowls as well.
- Dust each potato cake in flour first, then dip in eggs and coat in crumbs. Cover and chill in fridge for another 30 minutes.
- Heat coconut oil, equivalent to about 2cm in depth, in fry pan over medium heat. Cook cakes in small batches for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown and place on paper towel to drain. Alternatively, use an air fryer. Serve with extra Sriracha Mayo.