March 24, 2022Dinner
Mexican Mince with Bone Broth
This Mexican mince is so versatile. You can serve it with fresh avocado or homemade guacamole, salsa, corn chips or serve it in soft tortillas or in lettuce cups for a low carb option.
Recipe & images by Nutritionist Jordan Pie
Serves approx. 4
- 500g grass-fed beef, lamb or venison mince
- 1 brown onions, diced
- ¼ cup water
- 1 heaped Tbsp Natural Body Glue™
- ½ - 1 Tbsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Ghee or coconut oil for cooking
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat and add some ghee. Add the onion and fry until golden brown.
- Add the mince and fry until fully browned.
- Add all the spices, bone broth and water and stir through. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes or so.
- Once it’s ready, serve it with your choice of sides, in soft tortillas or inside lettuce cups for a refreshing low carb option, or alongside corn chips or homemade tortilla chips, avocado or guacamole, salsa or other yummy dips / sides.
TIP - add a smokey twist and some extra gut love with our Better Belly BBQ Sauce