A paleo take on a Mexican fav - tacos. This flavoursome dish involves skipping the tacos and serving it with cauliflower rice and kale, topping it with obligatory guacamole and coriander. However, there is definitely a time and place for tacos, and if that is now, try to choose organic corn varieties to avoid GMOs.
Prep 15 Mins | Cook 25 Mins | Serves 3-4
Recipe By: Megan Ford / @megshealingkitchen
- 3 Tbsp EVOO
- 1 red or brown onion - sliced into thin strips
- 1 red capsicum - sliced into thin strips
- 400-500g organic beef - cut into thin strips
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp smokey paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp Natural Bone Broth Body Glue - dissolved in 50ml of boiling water
- Cracked pepper
- Chilli flakes
- Juice of ½ a lime
- Avocado or guacamole
- Goats cheese or nutritional yeast
- Hemp seeds
- Over medium heat, add olive oil, onion, capsicum and sauté for 4 minutes, stirring every 1-2 minutes.
- Add in beef, spices, oregano, olive oil and fry off for 3 minutes
- Pour in the dissolved bone broth, season with pepper and chilli, and allow to cook for a further 2 minutes or until the meat is cooked to your liking.
- Serve with cauliflower rice, a squeeze of lime juice and top with avocado/guacamole and extra coriander.