Baked eggs are delicious for breakfast, make for a great brunch and are pretty simple to make. Add a simple salad and it's satisfying enough to double as a dinner dish.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 capsicums any color, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges or 1 tin organic cherry tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tbsp Pimpin' Portuguese Marinade
- 4 large freerange eggs
1. Heat oil in a large heavy frypan over medium heat. Add capsicums and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft - around 10 mintutes.
2. Add tomatoes, garlic, Pimpin' Portuguese Marinade, basil, oregano and paprika to the pan. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are very soft and liquid is thickened, 20–30 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
3. Preheat oven to 180c. Using the back of a spoon, make 4 evenly spaced divots in mixturehen crack 1 egg into each. Bake in oven until egg whites are almost set but yolks are still runny, 15 or so minutes.
4. Serve baked eggs with toast. (Yolks will continue to cook as dish sits, so serve right away if you prefer your eggs soft.) Top with fresh parsley and goats cheese if tolerated.