Recipe & images by Nutritionist Jordan Pie
Store bought magnums can contain a huge array of inflammatory and highly processed ingredients and additives, including; maltodextrin, glucose, refined sugar, vegetable oils, emulsifiers, stabilisers, flavours and colours just to name a few. If you’d love a healthy, homemade, whole food version that you can make - but without the dairy, then you need to try Jordan’s Salted Caramel Bone Broth Magnums! All you need is 8 ingredients to make these healthy, yet divinely indulgent magnums with a nourishing bone broth twist.
Makes 7-8 Magnums
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Refined Sugar Free & Paleo
- 2 cups roasted cashews
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 4 Tbsp maple syrup (or more to taste if you like it sweeter)
- 3 Tbsp MCT oil
- 1 Tbsp Gevity Rx Plain Bone Broth Body Glue
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or 2 tsp vanilla extract
Choc Coating Ingredients
- 1 block of quality dark chocolate
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup roasted + chopped nuts (almonds, pistachios, cashews, macadamias or nut of choice)
- Add all of the filling ingredients into a food processor or Thermomix and blitz on high until completely smooth. Scrape down the sides and re-blend.
- Taste the mix and add more maple syrup if you want it sweeter, or another 1-2 tsp of Gevity Rx Bone Broth Body Glue if you want it a touch saltier and re-blend.
- When it’s ready, pour the mixture into silicone ice cream moulds and pop the paddle pop sticks in. Tap to get rid of any bubbles.
- Pop onto a tray and transfer to the freezer to set.
- Add the chocolate into a small saucepan and add in the coconut oil. Heat on a low heat until melted. Stir to combine.
- Remove the chocolate from the heat and stir through the roasted and chopped nuts.
- Remove the ice creams from their moulds. Carefully pour the melted chocolate over one of the ice creams. Once it’s covered, place it onto a plate or tray lined with baking paper and continue coating the remaining ice creams in the melted chocolate until they’re all covered.
- Pop into the freezer to set.
- Enjoy and savour each mouthful!