Recipe & images by Nutritionist Jordan Pie
Store bought magnums can contain a huge array of inflammatory and highly processed ingredients and additives, including; maltodextrin, glucose, refined sugar, vegetable oils, emulsifiers, stabilisers, flavours and colours just to name a few. If you’d love a healthy, homemade, whole food version that you can make - but without the dairy, then you need to try Jordan’s Salted Caramel Bone Broth Magnums! All you need is 8 ingredients to make these healthy, yet divinely indulgent magnums with a nourishing bone broth twist.
Makes 7-8 Magnums
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Refined Sugar Free & Paleo
- 2 cups roasted cashews
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 4 Tbsp maple syrup (or more to taste if you like it sweeter)
- 3 Tbsp MCT oil
- 1 Tbsp Gevity Rx Plain Bone Broth Body Glue
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or 2 tsp vanilla extract
Choc Coating Ingredients
- 1 block of quality dark chocolate
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup roasted + chopped nuts (almonds, pistachios, cashews, macadamias or nut of choice)
- Add all of the filling ingredients into a food processor or Thermomix and blitz on high until completely smooth. Scrape down the sides and re-blend.
- Taste the mix and add more maple syrup if you want it sweeter, or another 1-2 tsp of Gevity Rx Bone Broth Body Glue if you want it a touch saltier and re-blend.
- When it’s ready, pour the mixture into silicone ice cream moulds and pop the paddle pop sticks in. Tap to get rid of any bubbles.
- Pop onto a tray and transfer to the freezer to set.
- Add the chocolate into a small saucepan and add in the coconut oil. Heat on a low heat until melted. Stir to combine.
- Remove the chocolate from the heat and stir through the roasted and chopped nuts.
- Remove the ice creams from their moulds. Carefully pour the melted chocolate over one of the ice creams. Once it’s covered, place it onto a plate or tray lined with baking paper and continue coating the remaining ice creams in the melted chocolate until they’re all covered.
- Pop into the freezer to set.
- Enjoy and savour each mouthful!
These have got to be the coolest way to consume A.M. Cleanse in Summer. Creamy and so delicious they even get the taste test approval from kids! GF | DF... Read More
Our “upgraded” version of slaw is loaded with fibre and gut-loving collagen! Time hack : if you’re in a hurry you can use pre-packaged organic slaw from the supermarket Prep -... Read More