Why complicate Christmas desserts with long and detailed recipes when we're blessed in Australia with so many beautiful fruits at this time of year! A simple, broth-infused, fruit salad with some coconut yoghurt is all you need after a big Christmas feast or BBQ.
Prep 15 mins | Serves 4-6
Recipe By: Penny Benjamin, Nutritionist/ @pennybenjamin.nutritionist / www.pennybenjamin.com.au
- 1 cup strawberries, halved
- 1 punnet blueberries
- 2 small nectarines, stones removed & quartered
- 2 small peaches, stones removed & quartered
- 1 mango, cubed
- 4 small apricots, stones removed & quartered
- Lime zest to garnish
- 1 tsp Gevity Rx Natural Bone Broth Body Glue
- Pulp of 1 large passionfruit
- Juice of 2 limes
- Place dressing ingredients into a small bowl and whisk to combine well
- Add all fruit to a large bowl then pour in dressing. Toss gently to coat.
- Garnish with lime zest & serve with coconut yoghurt or ice cream.
NOTE/TIPS: The small amount of salt from the broth plus citric acid from the lime helps to preserve the fruits so they don’t brown as quickly. This means left-overs (if any!) will last a bit longer -especially in these warm summer months!