Forget the pre package curry jars & become a curry master with this aromatic, creamy & extremely tasty Chicken Curry.
Prep 1 Hour | Cook 15 Mins | Serves 4
Recipe By: Elle Georgiou The Low Carb High Fat Lifestyle @the_lchf_lifestyle
- 750 g skinless free-range chicken thighs
- 1 x 400g tin of coconut milk
- 1 organic chicken stock cube
- 400 ml boiling water
- 1 tbsp Gevity Rx Natural Bone Broth Body Glue
- 6 kaffir lime leaves
- 150g snow peas
- ½ a bunch coriander
- 1 lime
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 shallots
- 5cm piece of ginger
- 2 lemongrass stalks
- 4 green bird’s eye chillies
- ½ a bunch of fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
To MAKE THE PASTE:
- Peel garlic, shallots and ginger, roughly chop and place into a food processor.
- Trim and remove the tough outer leaves of the lemongrass, then finely chop and add to the processor. Trim and add the chillies along with half the coriander – stalks and all! Blitz until finely chopped, add the fish sauce and blitz again.
TO COMPLETE THE DISH:
- Slice the chicken into 2.5cm strips.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a large pan on a medium heat, add chicken and fry for 5 to 7 minutes, or until just turning golden, then transfer to a plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the Green Power Curry paste and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to bring out the flavours – (Don’t rush this process)
- Pour in the coconut milk and add 1 tablespoon of Meadow & Marrow Natural Bone Broth to 400ml of boiling water stir thoroughly.
- Add to the pan with the kaffir lime leaves.
- Turn the heat up and bring gently to the boil, simmer for 10 minutes, or until reduced slightly.
- Stir in the chicken and reduce the heat to low and cook for a further 5 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the snow peas for the final 2 minutes.
- Serve with cauliflower rice, bean shoots, coriander, chilli and a lime wedges
NOTES / TIPS:
- Cook cauliflower rice in coconut oil and toss some coriander through in the end.
- You can switch out the chicken and add any other of your favourite proteins like prawns, veggies, beef, tofu.
- Serve it on zucchini or konjac noodles.