This delicious, citrusy soup is so easy to make and great to have on hand in Winter. Chicken soup really is good for the soul and this version is good for the gut too! Packed with healing collagen and flavour from our A.M. Cleanse Body Glue™
Gluten, Dairy, Soy Free.
Serves 4. Recipe by Jordan Pie.
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 celery stems, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 6-8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups chicken stock (Or you can use extra A.M. Cleanse)
- 2-3 cups filtered water
- 1-2 Tbsp Gevity Rx A.M. Cleanse Body Glue™
- 2 large organic chicken breasts
- ½ - ¾ cup gluten free orzo
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Ghee for frying
- Add ghee to a frying pan and saute the onion, spring onion and garlic until fragrant.
- Add the carrot and celery and sauté until it has some colour.
- Transfer the veggie mix to a saucepan and add the A.M. Cleanse, filtered water and stock or bone broth. Allow this to simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the veggies are fully cooked.
- Add the orzo in and cook for approx. 14 minutes (or the amount of time it says on the packet as each brand may vary slightly).
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces. Add a bit more ghee to the frying pan and cook the chicken pieces until ¾ cooked through.
- When the orzo is ready, add the chicken pieces into the soup and cook for another minute or two (until the chicken is fully cooked, it won’t take long).
- If you want it more soup-y, you can add in extra boiling water or broth / stock here.
- Ladle into bowls and top with fresh parsley and lemon wedges on the side. Add salt and pepper to taste if desired.
TIP - If you don't have chicken broth on hand you can simply use more A.M. Cleanse! Add 2 teaspoons - or more to taste - to 2 cups of water and you're good to go!