Italian for bone with a hole.
This dish is not to be rushed. Full of rich flavours & healing bone marrow properties, the perfect Winter warmer.
Prep 10 min | Cook 90+ mins | Serves 4
Recipe By: Ellenie Georgiou / @the_lchf_lifestyle
- 3 - 4 pieces veal Osso Bucco
- 1 onion - sliced along the lines
- 4 garlic cloves - finely chopped
- 1 chilli - chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp Gevity Rx Natural Bone Broth Body Glue
- 1 ½ cups boiling water
- 1 ½ cups red wine
- 400g diced tomato
- 2 bay leaves
- Olive oil
- Season the Osso Bucco with salt. Heat a fry pan onto medium heat and brown the Osso Bucco. Remove and set aside
- Sauté onion, garlic and chilli in the same pan for 3-4 minutes until the onions are translucent
- Stir through tomato paste, cooking for a further minute.
- Add diced tomatoes, wine, Bone Broth, bay leaves and stir through.
- Place Osso Bucco to the sauce and bring to the boil. Reduce to a slow simmer. (Ensure all the meat is submerged in liquid. Add some extra water if needed)
- Turn meat every 15-30 minutes as any meat poking out will be tough and dry
- Simmer for about an hour and a half minimum