This flavoursome soup is the perfect way to get you Mexican fix in the cooler months! If you love a good Taco night then you will love this recipe!
PREP TIME 10 mins. Cook 7 hours.
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g grass-fed / organic beef mince
- 1 1/2 cups diced brown or red onions
- 2 to 3 cups water (use more if you want a thinner soup)
- 2 or 3 tablespoons Lemon & Herb Body Glue™
- 1 tin diced organic tomatoes
- 1 tin black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tin kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ jar or 3 fresh jalapenos, chopped fine
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1.5 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Homemade tortilla chips
- Coconut Yoghurt (optional)
- Chopped coriander (optional)
- Finely diced red onion
- Lime wedges
- Heat the olive oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat. Add beef and onions and cook 2 to 3 minutes, until the ground beef is browned but not completely cooked and the onions are starting to look soft around the edges
- Combine the browned mince, onions and the remaining soup ingredients in a slow cooker or large casserole pot and stir. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours.
- Serve topped with homemade tortilla chips, coconut yogurt, coriander, red onion and lime wedges.
Tip This soup will keep refrigerated for 1 week or frozen for up to 3 months.