It’s that time of year where soup is a necessity. And what better flavour to try than roasted pumpkin + Thai red curry for an extra kick.
- 1 medium sized pumpkin
- 2 brown onions
- 6-8 cloves of garlic
- 1 knob of ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- A few Tbsp of olive oil
- 2-3 Tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 heaped Tbsp Gevity Rx Natural Body Glue
- 1 can (400ml) coconut cream
- 400ml filtered water
- A few Tbsp of butter or ghee for blending
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Slice and chop the pumpkin into quarters. Remove the seeds and skin and chop the pumpkin into rough cubes.
- Roughly chop the onions.
- Put the pumpkin and onions onto an oven tray and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place in the oven and roast for 20-30 minutes, or until they have some colour on them.
- Now add the roasted pumpkin and onions into a stockpot with the garlic, ginger, curry paste, bone broth and coconut cream and water.
- Cook over a medium heat for 20-30 minutes.
- Once it’s ready, add the butter and blend using a stick blender until completely smooth. Or if you have a Thermomix or quality blender, carefully blend the soup in this until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into bowls and garnish as desired.