The turmeric broth in this dish is deliciously comforting. It’s like you can feel it going to work immediately, aiding digestion and giving your immune system a little boost. With Winter and flu season now in full swing, who doesn’t need a little extra immunity in their life - especially when it tastes (and looks!) this good!
GF, DF, RSF
- 2 x 180g free-range or organic chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp EVOO, plus extra to brush
- 200g GF vermicelli noodles, cooked according to packet instructions
- Thinly sliced long red chilli, to serve
- Spring onions, sliced, to serve
- Chives, sliced, to serve
- Mint leaves, to serve
TURMERIC SPICE PASTE
- 1 tbsp finely grated galangal
- 1 1/2 tbsp finely grated turmeric
- 2 small red chillies, chopped
- 12 macadamias
- 3 lemongrass stalks (inner core only), finely grated
- 6 eschalots, chopped
- 5 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
TURMERIC LEMONGRASS BROTH
- 1.5L (6 cups) filtered water
- 2 heaped tbsps A.M. Cleanse Body Glue™
- 11/2 tbsp tamarind puree
- 1/4 cup (60ml) fish sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground white pepper
- 1.To make the spice paste, simply blitz all ingredients in a food processor till smooth.
- 2.Cut the chicken breasts in half lengthways, then rub 2 tbs of spice paste into each piece. Pop in fridge to chill for 1 hour.
- 3.Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add remaining spice paste and heat, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes until fragrant.
- 4.Add all the broth ingredients to the pan, minus the pepper, and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes or until slightly reduced.
- 5.Strain, discarding any solids / pieces. When ready to serve, reheat the broth in a clean saucepan and stir through pepper.
- 6.Next let’s cook the chicken. Add a little olive oil to a grill pan and place over high heat. Grill chicken for 3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Once cooked, cut chicken into thin strips.
- 7.Divide noodles and broth into 2 bowl then add chicken. Top with chilli, spring onion, chives and mint to serve.