Very Green Soup
Veggie purees like this are an easy to digest, gut lovin’ staple that you can add into your dinner rotation. Not only are they a really yummy and super easy way to sneak more veggies and fibre in, your kids will LOVE this one because of its vibrant green colour! Serve this with slow cooked lamb shanks or beef cheeks, with curries (instead of rice), roast chicken or add in some extra Bone Broth Body Glue to make it more of a liquidy soup and enjoy it as a starter before your main meal.
Serves 4 as a soup or 5-6 as a side
Recipe by Jordan Pie - @jordiepieface
- 1 broccoli, roughly chopped (use the stems too!)
- 1 cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1 zucchini, roughly chopped
- ½ leek, washed and chopped
- 4 cups of filtered water or vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons of our Natural or Lemon & Herb Bone Broth Body Glue
- 1 Tablespoon of fresh parsley
- A handful of spinach leaves
- 3-4 Tablespoons of unsalted butter or ghee
Garnish ideas: fried crispy garlic, a few small cubes of butter (if tolerated), fresh herbs, extra salt and pepper to taste, chilli flakes
- Add the broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini and leek into a saucepan with the vegetable stock or water and place the lid on.
- Simmer the vegetables until completely soft.
- When the vegetables are ready, strain the liquid off (but save it).
- Add the cooked vegetables, parsley, spinach leaves, Natural or Lemon & Herb Bone Broth Body Glue + 3-4 Tablespoons of butter or ghee into a food processor or thermomix. Blend until it’s completely smooth.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and re-blend again. If you want it more liquidy, add in some of the saved liquid and re-blend again until you’ve reached your desired consistency.
- Transfer to bowls and garnish with your desired toppings and enjoy!