This green soup recipe is not only incredibly delicious but it’s also incredible for your gut! Boosted with Body Glue™ and loaded with fibrous veg including leeks, a member of the onion family that’s high in inulin, a powerful prebiotic. Eating this soup feeds more than your body … it’s also feeding your good gut bugs.
Prep 10 mins | Cook 25 mins | Serves: 6-8
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 4 large zucchini, cut into 1 cm pieces
- 2 large heads of broccoli - chopped, including the stems
- 1 bulb fennel, trimmed and cut into small pieces
- 1 bunch kale - washed, leaves chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 fresh baby chilli - chopped fine
- Ground pepper
- 1.5L filtered water
- 4 tbs Natural Body Glue™
WHAT DO DO
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan or soup pot just on medium heat. Sauté garlic, onion and leek for around 5 minutes or until soft and translucent.
- Add the zucchini, broccoli, fennel and fresh chilli and cook for 3 minutes, stirring a couple of times.
- Make your stock by simply mixing the Body Glue™ into the filtered water. Add to the pot then stir in the ground coriander, cumin and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and add the kale. Simmer for 10-12 minutes - or until the vegetables are soft.
- Remove from the heat and add the baby spinach leaves and pop the lid back on. The heat in the pot will be enough to wilt the spinach.
- Once cooled a little, use a stick blender or blender to blend the mix till smooth. Be careful - it will be hot!
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and top with herbs of your choice.
HOT TIP - You can use any green veg you have at home or even add cauliflower for a creamier consistency.