October 19, 2017Dinner
Slow Cooked Lemon Chicken with Roasted Sweet Potato + Pumpkin
Looking for the perfect winter warmer that cooks itself?
This Rachael Finch inspired Lemon Chicken dish, will not only warm you up but warm up the souls of your loved ones.
Adding Lemon & Herb Bone Broth takes this dish to the next level!
Prep 10 min | Cook 5 Hours | Serves 4 people
Recipe By: Paige Frost / @paigemichaelobe
- 1 thickly chopped leek
- 500g pack free range chicken thighs (roughly 4)
- 1kg pack of free range chicken wings
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 2 tsp Gevity Rx Lemon & Herb Bone Broth Body Glue mixed into 2 cups water.
- Cracked black pepper and Himalayan salt
- 3 x sweet potato – To be roasted
- ½ butternut pumpkin – To be roasted
- Turn Slow cooker onto high.
- Rinse chicken and put aside.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of Bone Broth Body Glue with 2 cups water and put aside.
- Heat olive oil in pot on medium heat, add leek and cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add chicken and season well with pepper and a pinch of salt, cook until chicken starts to turn white. (About 3 – 4 mins)
- Place this into the slow cooker and spread it out evenly. Sprinkle in the parsley + dill,
- Pour over in the bone broth.
- Place the sliced lemon across the top and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Turn the slow cooker to low for 1 hour once added the veggies.
NOTES / TIPS:
For an easier serve option: Take out all the wings once cooked. Remove all the fat and bones and pop the meat back into the dish.