This creamy, keto and gut friendly salad is the perfect BBQ side dish. It has all the feels of traditional potato salad - hello bacon and shallots, we see you - without the carbs and crappy dressing. It tastes so good that picky eaters won't even notice they are consuming bone broth in every bite!
Gluten, Dairy, Refined Sugar Free. Keto Friendly.
Serves 6 as a side
- 6 cups cauliflower, trimmed to small bit sized florets
- 6 eggs, hard boiled
- 200g free-range bacon
- 4 shallots
- Total Tummy Turmeric Mayo
- Steam cauliflower florets over boiling water for 2-3 mins then remove from heat. You want them just ever so slightly cooked, so they are still crunchy. Set aside to cool.
- While the cauliflower is cooling, dice bacon and cook in frypan over medium heat. Cook to your liking - both lightly browned and crunchy bacon pieces work in this recipe.
- Hard boil eggs to make them easy to slice. Add eggs to rapidly boiling water and set a timer for 7 minutes. Remove from heat, tip out the hot water and fill with cold to allow the eggs to cool faster. Once cool enough to handle, peel and slice into rounds.
- Slice shallots into small rounds
- Layer cauli, egg, bacon and shallots into a bowl, leaving a small amount of each ingredient to the side for presentation. Add Total Tummy Mayo a few tablespoons at a time, stirring gently to coat all ingredients, Generally around 6 tablespoons is required but you can add as much or little of this as you like.
- Transfer salad to a serving bowl and add place the remaining ingredients that were kept aside for presentation on top